Monday, January 9, 2017

May the Horse Be With You...


This is my most popular pin on Pinterest. Now that my blog is up and running, I thought I'd better try and get some credit for it!

I have a 10 year old daughter who is absolutely in love with horses. She has been a cowgirl at heart since she was tiny! When she was 2 or 3, she had some cowgirl boots that she was obsessed with. I remember her walking up and down the sidewalk in a shirt, diaper and those boots! At age 4, she watched Toy Story 2 (when we meet Bullseye) at least twice a day. My girl has stuffed horses covering her bed. She wears t-shirts with horses and jewelry depicting horses. You get the idea, right?

Well, this creation came about for my girl's 10th birthday. I was at Cracker Barrel one day and they had a sign to buy that said, "May the Horse Be With You." I had some great pallet wood that I was trying to think of a purpose for. I had a light bulb moment!

I cut a horse and horseshoe silhouette out of MDF, painted everything up, and presto! I was so excited to give this gift! My girl loved it! Other people loved it, too. I had several orders for signs in different colors, and I sold several from my Quilted Bear booth.




My girl has a birthday coming up again soon. 
Wonder what I can make her...

No comments:

Post a Comment