Saturday, November 18, 2017

Countdown to Christmas...

I had a friend ask me to make her a countdown to Christmas sign. I was pretty excited. Sometimes I need someone to tell me exactly what they want in order to get my butt in gear creative juices flowing. This was the perfect project to do the trick!


I made some simple pallet signs using the same method you can find here. I painted the signs red. Using my printer, I print the words in simple fonts. I turn the printed words over and rub chalk over them. I place the words where I want them and use a ball point pen to trace over the words. The chalk leaves a faint outline for me to paint the words. I also used chalkboard spray paint on a scrap piece of wood and glued it to the sign. 

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It would look great hanging on the wall or propped up on a mantel. And since this countdown doesn't have to start on December 1st, my friend can begin using it right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment