Thursday, May 11, 2017

Mother's Sweet Peas...

Today's post is sweet. Sweet with peas! I have had this idea running through my head for a while now. With Mother's Day fast approaching, I knew it was time to give it a try.

I made more signs like I showed you last time, here. I used my wonderful chalk pens and bought a few paint pens as well. I have used paint pens before, with horrible results. I don't know if it was me or the pens themselves, but I got paint everywhere! Thus, I have not wanted to invest my money into buying more. However, I really like the control I have when writing with pens, and I wanted some in green. Chalk pens mostly come in the popular neon colors, but the paint pens I used come in a variety of greens. I got mine at Wal-Mart for about $2 per pen. 

I got to work on the first sign, which made me nervous, because I don't like to freehand art. I shook my pen, held my breath, and went to work. Before I passed out, I stopped to see what I had done. To my utter surprise, it wasn't bad! 


So, I kept going. The lettering was tricky. I looked at the font I wanted and tried to replicate it. 


Why do I put myself through this stress? 


I asked my kids what they thought of my sign. Almost all of their responses were a giggle and, "Aww, how cute!" My oldest's response was...a small smile. Triumph!


What have I learned from this project? Well, first and foremost, is to try doing things that scare you. You will surprise yourself! Next, if you have failed at something before, don't give up. I looked those paint pens straight in the eyes and won! Third, getting my oldest son to smile for me melts my heart into ooey-gooey fondue!💗

No comments:

Post a Comment